18 December: today's birthdays
- Christina Aguilera - American singer, songwriter, and actress
- Chas Chandler - English musician and record producer. He was the bassist in The Animals and manager of Jimi Hendrix
- David Chipperfield - British architect, born David Alan Chipperfield
- Iosif Džugašvili (Ioseb Dze Jugashvili) - Soviet dictator and politician, best known as Stalin
- Billie Eilish - Billie Eilish is an American multi-Grammy Award winning singer and songwriter.
The artist’s full name is Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O'Connell and she is of both Scottish and Irish descent, as clear from her last name. Eilish was meant to be her first name, but Billie was chosen instead.
Her stage name, Billie Eilish, which is composed of her first name and the first of her middle names is pronounced Billie (as it is read) and Eye-lish. As she describes it, it is pronounced “like eyelash with a lish”.
- Bent Hamer - Norwegian film director, writer and producer
- Fletcher Henderson - American composer and musician
- Katie Holmes - American actress. She was married to American actor Tom Cruise
- Paul Klee - Paul Klee was a Swiss-born painter of German nationality. This is because under Swiss law at the time Klee inherited his father's German nationality. As an artist, Paul Klee was very prolific, with more than 10,000 paintings and drawings to his name. His unique style is impossible to classify because it contained a number of different influences and he uses various different styles through his own interpretation of them. He was also a master of art theory, giving extensive lectures at the Bauhaus school in Germany and published a collection of them called Writings on Form and Design Theory, which were published in English as the Paul Klee Notebooks, that are held to be fundamental for the theory of modern art.
The correct pronunciation of Paul Klee in German can be phonetically transcribed as Pah-ool Kleh. However, the pronunciation of Klee cannot be adequately transcribed without IPA. This applies to the "e" sounds in Klee, which are tight, closed sounds that don't exist in the English language. Furthermore, that "e" sound must be sustained for a longer duration. His first name, Paul, is pronounced in a similar way to the sound "pow", but with an "a" placed prior to the "ow".
- Hector Hugh Munro - British novelist, known by the pen name Saki
- Brad Pitt - American actor, born William Bradley Pitt. He was married to American actress Angelina Jolie. He won an Oscar for Best Picture as the producer of the film 12 Years a Slave, directed by Steve McQueen
- Keith Richards - English guitarist and singer, one of the founders of English rock band The Rolling Stones
- Saki - Pen name of the British novelist Hector Hugh Munro
- Christian Shawn - American actor
- Steven Spielberg - American film director and producer. He won two Oscars for Best Director and one for Best Picture
- Iosif Stalin (Joseph Stalin) - Soviet dictator and politician, born Iosif Džugašvili
- Casper Van Dien - American actor