27 February: today's birthdays
- Luitzen Egbertus Jan Brouwer - Dutch mathematician and philosopher
- Keren Craig - English fashion designer and former model, born in Switzerland. Along with Georgina Chapman, she created the fashion label Marchesa
- Armando Gnisci - Italian professor of Comparative Literature
- Julian Jaynes - American psychologist
- George Herbert Mead - American philosopher, sociologist and psychologist
- Franco Moschino - Franco Moschino is an Italian fashion designer who founded the Italian luxury fashion house and brand Moschino. Moschino was founded in Milan in 1983. The brand specializes in clothing, handbags and luggage, accessories, shoes and fragrances.
The correct pronunciation of Franco Moschino in Italian is Moh-skee-noh. Moschino is often pronounced in the wrong way because the "sch" is pronounced as "sh", as would come natural in the English language. However, "ch" in Italian is pronounced with a "k" sound.
Fashion quotes by the most famous fashion designers worldwide and the pronunciation of their names
- Paul Ricoeur - French philosopher
- Nancy Spungen - American girlfriend of the Sex Pistols bassist Sid Vicious
- John Steinbeck - American writer, Nobel Prize in Literature 1962
- Rudolf Steiner - Austrian philosopher, architect and pedagogist
- Elizabeth Taylor - British-born American actress, born Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor. She is one of the world's most famous film stars. She won two Oscars for Best Actress in 1961 and 1967 and a Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Oscar in 1993. She was married to English actor Richard Burton
- Joanne Woodward - American actress