26 February: today's birthdays
- Emmanuel Sheyi Adebayor - Togolese soccer player
- Azzedine Alaïa - Tunisian fashion designer
Fashion quotes by the most famous fashion designers worldwide and the pronunciation of their names
- Sean Baker - American film director, screenwriter, and producer. He directed the films Tangerine andThe Florida Project
- John Bowlby - British psychoanalyst
- Achille Castiglioni - Italian architect and industrial designer
- Benoît Paul Émile Clapeyron - French engineer and physicist
- Honoré Daumier - French painter, sculptor and caricaturist
- Recep Tayyip Erdoğan - Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is a Turkish politician who is the 12th President of Turkey and is the former Prime Minister of Turkey. He is a conservative politician who is the leader of the Justice and Development Party (AKP). He has been often accused of trying to undermine Turkish democracy, of State censorship and of corruption.
The correct pronunciation of Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in Turkish can be phonetically transcribed as Reh-jep Tah-yeep Err-doh-han, as heard in the audio file. The most important element in pronouncing Erdoğan correctly is to remember that the letter "ğ" must be pronounced as an "h". Another important fact is that the beginnning of his last name is pronounced like the verb "to err".
Regarding his first name, it is important to note that the "c" in Recep is pronounced like a "g".
- Jackie Gleason - American actor, comedian and musician
- Geneviève Halévy - Hostess of one of the most sought after literary salons of Paris
- Claude-Adrien Helvétius - French philosopher and writer
- Michel Houellebecq - French writer, essayst, and poet, born Michel Thomas. He wrote Whatever, Atomised, and Platform.
- Victor Hugo - French writer, poet and dramatist, author of Les Misérables
- Emma Kirkby - English soprano, born Carlyn Emma Kirkby
- Juraj Kucka - Slovak professional footballer
- Fernando Llorente - Spanish professional footballer, born Fernando Javier Llorente Torres
- Christopher Marlowe - English dramatist and poet. He wrote Hero and Leander, Edward the Second, and The Tragical History of Doctor Faustus
- Rie Mastenbroek - Former Dutch swimmer
- Robert Novak - American journalist and political commentator
- Corinne Bailey Rae - English singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Nate Ruess - American singer-songwriter, frontman of the rock band Fun
- Jenny Thompson - American swimmer
- Andrej Ždanov (Andrei Zhdanov) - Russian politician