19 November: today's birthdays
- Agnes Baltsa - Greek mezzo-soprano singer
- Edward Banfield - American political scientist. He wrote The Moral Basis of a Backward Society
- Zygmunt Bauman - Polish sociologist and philosopher. He is one of the world's most important social theorists
- Laurent Blanc - French soccer coach and former player. His nickname is Le Président, The President
- René Caillié - French explorer, the first European to return alive from Timbuktu, a town in Mali (Africa)
- Ferdinand de Lesseps - French diplomat and entrepreneur
- Gail Devers - American athlete
- Wilhelm Dilthey - German philosopher and psychologist
- Jodie Foster - American actress and film director, born Alicia Christian Foster. She won two Oscars for Best Actress in 1988 and 1992 for her role in the films The Accused and The Silence of the Lambs
- Barry Jenkins - American film director and screenwriter. He directed Moonlight
- Calvin Klein - Calvin Klein is an American fashion designer and the name of the eponymous brand and company that Calvin Klein founded with friend and businessman Barry K. Schwartz in 1968. Under the brand name Calvin Klein and the monogram CK, the company produces clothing, fragrances, accessories, watches, jewelry and leather products. In 2002, the company was acquired by clothing conglomerate PVH Corp. (Phillips van Heusen), which also owns Tommy Hilfiger.
Calvin Klein is of Hungarian descent and comes from a Jewish family.
The correct pronunciation of Calvin Klein in English is Cal-vin Kline.
Fashion quotes by the most famous fashion designers worldwide and the pronunciation of their names
- Meg Ryan - Pseudonym of American actress Margaret Mary Emily Anne Hyra
- Bertel Thorvaldsen - Danish sculptor