14 November: today's birthdays
- Aaron Copland - American composer. He won an Oscar for Best Original Score in 1950 for the film The Heiress, directed by William Wyler
- Dominique De Villepin - French politician born in Morocco. He served as Prime Minister of France
- Jean Eudes - French missionary and priest. He founded the Congregation of Jesus and Mary
- Carlo Emilio Gadda - Italian engineer, writer and poet. He was a language innovator. He wrote That Awful Mess on Via Merulana
- Bernard Hinault - Former French racing cyclist. He won the Tour de France five times
- Olga Kurylenko - Olga Kurylenko is a French actress and model who was born in Ukraine. Her full name is Olga Konstiantinivna Kurylenko. Kurylenko acquired French citizenship in 2001. She began modelling in Ukraine at the age of 13 and then moved to Paris at the age of 16 to pursue a modelling career. She began her acting career in 2005.
Olga Kurylenko is most famous for having played the role of Camille Montes, a Bond girl in the James Bond film, Quantum of Solace, in 2008.
The correct pronunciation of Olga Kurylenko in Ukrainian is Ohl-gah Koo-ruh-lenk-uh.
- Alfred Lichtwark - German art historian and art educator. He promoted museum and art education
- Noussair Mazraoui - Dutch-born Moroccan professional footballer
- Claude Monet - French painter, born Claude-Oscar Monet. One of the founders of Impressionism
- Jawaharlal Nehru - Indian politician
- Vincenzo Nibali - Italian racing cyclist. His nickname is "Shark of the Strait", meaning Strait of Messina, the city where he was born
- Chris Noonan - Australian film director. He directed Babe, an adaptation of Dick King-Smith's novel The Sheep-Pig
- Paracelso (IT) - Swiss alchemist, astrologer and doctor
- Condoleezza Rice - American politician. She served as United States Secretary of State during George W. Bush administration
- Karl Wilhelm von Kupffer - German anatomist. He discovered the Kupffer cells
- Zhang Yimou - Chinese film director, actor, and screenwriter. He directed House of Flying Daggers (2004)