24 March: today's birthdays
- John Birkenhead - English writer
- Jessica Chastain - American actress
- Lars Elstrup - Danish former soccer player
- Dario Fo - Italian actor, film director and playwright, Nobel Prize in Literature in 1997
- Tommy Hilfiger - Tommy Hilfiger is an American fashion designer of Dutch-German descent. He is the founder of the eponymous company and brand, Tommy Hilfiger Corporation.
He started his career opening a clothing store with some friends in the 1970s and began designing his own menswear line in the 1980s. He primarily designed jeans and menswear, but once his company solidified, after having been founded in 1985, he expanded to women's clothing, accessories, footwear, perfume and luxury items. The company went public in 1992 and is now owned by PVH Corp. (Phillips-Van Heusen), an American clothing company that also owns Calvin Klein.
The correct way to pronounce Tommy Hilfiger is in English because his parents and ancestors have long been living in the United States, so the pronunciation of his name has been adapted to American English. The correct pronunciation of Tommy Hilfiger can therefore be transcribed as Tom-ee Hill-fig-ur.
Fashion quotes by the most famous fashion designers worldwide and the pronunciation of their names
- Ub Iwerks - American animator and cartoonist
- Lydia Ko - Korean-born New Zealand golfer. She is known as the yongest golfer (either gender) to be ranked No. 1 in professional golf
- Steve McQueen - American actor, born Terrence Stephen McQueen. He was famous for his roles as an antihero in such films as The Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape, The Sand Pebbles, Papillon, and The Towering Inferno
- Donncha O'Callaghan - Irish rugby player
- Jim Parsons - American actor, best known for his role as Sheldon Cooper in the sitcom The Big Bang Theory
- Wilhelm Reich - Austrian psychiatrist and psychoanalyst
- Peggy Sue - American singer
- Tomáš Ujfaluši - Czech soccer player
- Edward Weston - American photographer, the lover of Tina Modotti and the father of photographer Brett Weston