18 June: today's birthdays
- Édouard Daladier - French politician. He was Prime Minister of France three times
- Philippe Forest - French writer, essayist, and professor of literature
- Richard Gasquet - French professional tennis player, born Richard Gabriel Cyr Gasquet. In 2007 was ranked as the world number 7 by the Association of Tennis Professionals
- Jürgen Habermas - German philosopher, historian and sociologist. He wrote The Theory of Communicative Action
- Itziar Ituño - Itziar Ituño is a Spanish actress who stars in Money Heist (La casa de papel) as police negotiator Raquel Murillo. Her full name is Itziar Ituño Martínez. Ituño was already an actor in Spain before rising to global prominence with the Netflix series Money Heist.
The correct pronunciation of Itziar Ituño in Spanish can be phonetically transcription as Eats-yar Ee-too-ñoh. The "I" sounds in both her first and last name are pronounced with an "ee" sound. The "ñ" has been maintained the same in the transcription given that there is no equivalent sound in the English language. However, the "ñ" will be familiar because of the use of the word "piñata" in English. The "o" at the end of Ituño must be pronounced similarly to the "o" in the word "story".
- Lech Kaczyński - Polish lawyer and politician. He was the President of the Republic of Poland
- Jarosław Kaczyński - Polish politician, the brother of Lech Kaczyński, former President of the Republic of Poland in the crash of a Polish Air Force jet landing in Russia
- Paul McCartney - English singer and composer. Along with John Lennon, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr, he was one of the members of the English rock band The Beatles
- Alison Moyet - English singer and songwriter, born Geneviève Alison Jane Moyet. She became famous with Vince Clarke, founder of English electronic band Depeche Mode, as half of the duo Yazoo
- Michel Quoist - French priest and writer
- Isabella Rossellini - Italian actress and model. She is the daughter of film director Roberto Rossellini and actress Ingrid Bergman