01 June: today's birthdays
- Dina Bertoni Iovine - Italian writer, journalist and pedagogist
- Sadi Carnot - French physicist and engineer, born Nicolas Léonard Sadi Carnot
- Morgan Freeman - American actor and film director. He won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor in 2005
- Xi Jinping - Chinese chemical engineer and politician. Xi Jinping is the current President of the People's Republic of China and the General Secretary of the Communist Party of China.
Xi Jinping is a Taizi (literally translated from Chinese: supreme son): a group which reunites sons, nephews and grandchildren of the Red Army members, who took part in the Long March, in 1934.
The Long March was guided by Mao Tse-tung, for more than 6,000 miles, to escape the Kuomintang troops, the Chinese Nationalist Party.
Learn to correctly pronounce the name of Xi Jinping
- Heidi Klum - German-born American model and television host
- Jackson Krecioch - Young artist famous on Youtube
- Colleen McCullough - Australian writer. She is the author of the international best seller The Thorn Birds, which was turned into a successful television mini-series
- Marilyn Monroe - American actress, born Norma Jeane Mortenson. She was married to Arthur Miller and Joe DiMaggio
- Alanis Morissette - Canadian singer, singer-songwriter, and guitarist
- Jonathan Pryce - Welsh actor who was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor for his portrayal of Pope Francis in the film The Two Popes
- Kip Stephen Thorne - American physicist. In 2017, he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics along with Rainer Weiss and Barry Barish
- Ronnie Wood - English guitarist and bassist
- Brigham Young - American president of the Mormon Church