Serving size (porzione): Serves 6
Flat oven-baked Italian bread, topped with extra virgin olive oil and rosemary, originated in the Liguria region, in northern Italy. It can be topped with all sorts of vegetables
10 g of fresh yeast (lievito)
500 g (plus 50 g extra) of tipo 00 (type 00) flour (farina)
90 g of desiree potato (patata rossa), peeled, cooked and mashed
1 tbsp (plus extra for drizzling) of extra virgin olive oil (olio extra vergine d’oliva)
1 small handful of coarsely chopped rosemary (rosmarino) leaves
- Place the yeast and 250 ml of warm water (acqua) in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough (pasta) hook and stir to dissolve the yeast.
- Add some of the flour, then add the potato and olive oil and keep mixing.
- Add 2 teaspoons salt and half the remaining flour and combine on low speed (velocità), then add the remaining flour and continue to knead (impastare) with the mixer for another 5 minutes.
- Place dough on a work surface (superficie) and knead by hand (mano) for 3 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. You may need to add a little of the extra flour if dough is sticky. Sprinkle with flour, cover with a bowl and rest for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 210C. Drizzle your hands with a little olive oil and place the dough on a greased baking tray, about 30 cm x 45 cm, stretching to fit. With your fingers (dita), make small indentations in the dough.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and rosemary and drizzle generously with extra olive oil. Rest for 30 minutes, then bake for 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
Back to Luciana Sampogna menu